- 10 to 15 oyster mushrooms
- 10 to 15 shiitake mushrooms
- 10 to 15 common (button) mushrooms
- 1 1/2 qts. clear vegetable broth
- 2 or 3 baby bok choy, stems thinly sliced crosswise and leaves halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons thinly slivered fresh ginger, divided
- 1 large or 2 small red Fresno or jalapeño chiles, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- About 1/2 tsp. Sriracha or other chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- About 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Stem mushrooms. Slice the oyster mushrooms in half if large, and slice shiitake and button mushrooms.
- Put in a pot with broth and bring to a boil, covered.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mushrooms are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add bok choy, 1 tbsp. ginger, and the chiles and simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tbsp. ginger, the vinegar, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
- Top with green onions and cilantro.
Basic Vegetable Broth Recipe:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped into large chunks
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, chopped in half
- 3 cloves whole garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 8 cups water
- dash salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour.
- Strain out the vegetables and remove the bay leaves.