Chia seeds are a potent combination of protein, essential fats, minerals, antioxidants, and soluble fibre. They also balance blood sugar and stave off hunger, making them the perfect breakfast food.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon lightly crushed cardamom seeds (optional)
- Put the almond milk in a small bowl.
- Add the chia seeds and vanilla extract and stir briskly for at least 1 minute to prevent the chia seeds from clumping.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Just before serving, stir the chia seed mixtrue.
- Add the banana and optional cardamom and stir until well combined.