Vegan Bloody Mary
- 4 cups fresh carrot juice
- 12 oz. vodka
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. fresh or prepared horseradish
- 2 Tbs. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- Stir together all ingredients in pitcher, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired. Chill 1 hour before serving.
Vegan Darling Clementine
- 1 cup sugar
- 11 thyme sprigs, divided
- 1 bottle sparkling wine – your choice (I used a nice white wine called Prosecco – made from grapes)
- 6 oz. fresh clementine juice, plus 6 strips clementine zest, for garnish
- 6 oz. cranberry juice
- Bring sugar, 5 thyme sprigs, and 1 cup water to a boil in small saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cool, then strain out solids. Pour 1 tsp. thyme syrup into bottom of each glass.
- Fill glass three-quarters full with sparkling wine, then top with 1 oz. clementine juice and 1 oz. cranberry juice.
- Garnish with clementine zest and 1 thyme sprig.