For The Sauce:
- 1 medium mango
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chilli pepper
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- 4 dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (see note below)
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup water
For The Noodles:
- 4 zucchini or yellow squash
- 8 carrots
For The Garnish:
- 4 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 4 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- Pinch red chilli, to taste (see note below)
- In a blender, add all sauce ingredients except for the cashews and water.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add cashews and water and blend on high until smooth.
- Make noodles from the squash and carrots using a spiralizer, and mix with sauce just before serving.
- Top with chopped spring onions, black sesame seeds, and a few tiny pieces of red chilli.
- The quality of sesame oils varies. So if using a pure sesame oil, use 3 tablespoons in the recipe. If using a sesame oil blend, use 6 tablespoons in the recipe.
- Ideally fresh sliced chilli, but chilli powder will do in this recipe.