Simple, seasonal and delicious.
- 1lb fresh peas, pods removed
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh marjoram, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the podded peas.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then drain and transfer to a bowl of iced water to cool.
- When the peas are cool, drain and let dry completely.
- In a small pot, heat olive oil, add the chopped marjoram, take off from heat and let infuse for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and heat through.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Peas are in season, so they are super sweet nowadays. Steaming or boiling them briefly and serving them with salt is all they need, but a fragrant herb like marjoram adds a whole new dimension of flavour.
They are just as delicious when served cold or at room temperature.