- 2 large mushrooms
- A generous splash of soy sauce
- Grated cruelty-free cheese of your choice
- 1 cup of raw walnuts – chopped
- 1 cup of cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 a cup of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 small onion — chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 carrot — grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- A little oil to mix it together
- 1-2 cups of fresh flat parsley — chopped
- 3 stalks of fresh oregano — chopped
- 2 stalks of fresh thyme — chopped
- A bit of sunflower oil to fry
- Juice of half a lemon
For the fennel:
- 1 fresh fennel bulb — sliced (and green part chopped)
- Smoked tofu — cubed
- As much spinach as you like
- Sea salt
- A couple of drops of liquid smoke
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Start to make the fennel when the mushrooms are in the oven
- Cook the rice ahead of time
- Suggestion on how to prepare the ‘cheese': mix Redwood cheese and Vegusto cheese together — add some salt and nutritional yeast flakes and a bit of oil to mix.
- Heat some oil into a frying pan and start to fry the onion for 2 min, then add the walnuts. Stir well and fry for about 5 min.
- Add the grated carrot and chopped oregano and thyme — give it a good stir — and add the cooked rice.
- Cut out the mushroom stumps — but don’t throw them away, chop and add to your pan!
- Add all spices and herbs, a good splash of soy sauce and the juice of half a lemon.
- Give the stuffing a good stir and fry on middle heat for 3 min.
- When ready, stuff the mushrooms and cover with the prepared cheese.
- Put mushrooms into the oven. Turn down the heat after 10 min and let it bake until the cheese is golden brown and crisp — approx 30min
- Fry smoked tofu cubes until golden brown. Then add fennel and fry until slightly glossy.
- Add sliced spinach and fry for further 5 min.
- Season with salt and pepper and turn off the heat. Let it rest for10 min. Stir in between.
- Serve the baked mushrooms on a bed of the fennel and tofu mix