Fresh corn is so tender, there’s usually no need to cook it before adding to salsas and salads. Use fresh corn as soon after you buy it as possible—the longer it is off the stalk, the starchier and tougher it gets.
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely diced (about 1 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. lemon zest
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook beans 5 minutes, or until tender.
2. Drain, and refresh in ice water. When cool, chop beans.
3. Toss together beans, corn, onion and oil in large bowl. Add cilantro, lemon juice, and jalapeño pepper, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with lemon zest, and serve.