For a spring picnic or lunch, serve this dish as a dip with crackers or spread on pumpernickel and top with tomato.
- 1 16-oz. jar artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
- 1 12-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cornichons (French baby pickles)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh celery
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Pulse all ingredients in food processor until chunky. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill at least 30 minutes, or overnight.