This recipe is vegan friendly.
about 32 balls
- 500g packet
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pandan essence
- 120g dark palm
- 1 cup
- Place in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add coconut cream and pandan essence.
- Mix to form a firm .
- Knead dough lightly to evenly distribute pandan essence.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over medium-high heat.
- Cut palm sugar into pieces the size of a 5 cent coin.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Flatten each ball and mould around a palm sugar piece.
- Pinch dough to enclose sugar.
- Roll ball until smooth.
- Place coconut in a shallow dish.
- Cook balls, in small batches, in for 8 minutes or until they float to the surface.
- Remove with a .
- Roll in coconut while warm.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Serve at room temperature (do not refrigerate).
- balls are best eaten on the day they are made.
- Glutinous rice flour can be found in the section of the supermarket or in Asian grocery stores.