Ingredients (serves 4)
- 185ml (3/4 cup) water
- 10cm piece orange rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh orange juice
- 70g (1/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 200g pkt dried fruit salad mix
- 5 dried figs, halved lengthways
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, cut into thin wedges
- Combine water, orange rind, orange juice, sugar, cinnamon and cardamom in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add dried fruit and figs, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add apple and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Spoon into serving bowls.